first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Paul Fox pgf at
Tue Oct 20 10:12:07 EDT 2009

bert wrote:
 > Also not sure if it's related to suspend/resume - does the 1.5 on os32
 > auto-suspend on AC? It seemed like only the screen was blanked after
 > some idle time.

no, no auto-suspend on AC or battery, yet.  we're waiting until the
display remains functional across a suspend/resume before enabling
any sort of power management.  your screen is blanking due to DPMS,
which we should be disabling.

 > >> question - why is there a /media/boot in the frame next to the
 > >> battery indicator and volume indicator,
 > >
 > > Pass.  I hadn't noticed that.  It isn't there for me at the moment.  I
 > > wonder why Sugar is showing it.
 > I saw the SD icon too, in the Journal of the pre-installed OS. It's
 > gone in os32.

we've switched to a partitioned filesystem scheme.  OFW and /boot
can agree on a single filesystem type, and we can have more
freedom to change the type of / more flexibly (e.g., ext4, ext5,
ext6,...  ext3).  in pre-os32, the system was seeing the extra
available partition and mounting it, just as it would an external
SD or USB.

 paul fox, pgf at