XO-1.5 follow-on impression

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Oct 16 11:44:11 EDT 2009

Was able to use the XO-1.5 (os32) at another location, connected
without a proxy.  My opinion - this is a quite nice machine.

The principal user-perception experience where improvement would
still be welcome is video support.  Changes to the screen (e.g.,
show/hide Frame) are not being done "smoothly".  And when viewing
"moving pictures", the currently scanty hardware acceleration (e.g.,
ticket #9407) is noticeable.

For me, the XO-1.5 is a "performer" -- it runs many many Activities,
plus applications ported from Linux.  Interaction with the network
works.  I think that with this product the users' demands are met.

mikus