rpmbuild macro for libgcc.a location?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:54:11 EDT 2009

Working on an OLPC package (olpc-bios-crypto, which has a reasonable
chance of being upstreamable when it stabilizes)... we keep appending
-L lines to make it build in different releases / distros.

Is there an rpm macro that points to the location of libgcc.a? Or an
elegant way to get it? (While avoiding autoconf and the like...)

For example, for F11 I am adding: -L/usr/lib/gcc/i586-redhat-linux/4.4.1/

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions