NANDBlaster fails on one machine repeatedly...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Tue Oct 6 15:20:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at> wrote:
> I am using NANDBlaster to update all of our SFSU Lending Library XOs
> (a total of 12). All machines update via nb-secure to 8.2.1 except one
> XO, which repeatedly (five tries so far) fails to find the NANDBlaster
> info, cycles through all other options and says "Boot failed".  It
> does update via USB key though.
> Suggestions for diagnosis?

 - OFW version? OFW upgrade/reinstall?
 - Does the machine have any other network problems? If you run the
OFW diagnostics, can it see all the ESSIDS around? In Sugar, does it
see all the APs available? Can it connect to APs normally?

I have seen NANDBlaster fail to detect the signal, but only on
machines that had issues with networking. Sometimes the wifi is just
dead. In other cases, it just gets weaker signal.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect