OLPC XO 1.5 overheating problems

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:56:11 EDT 2009

Hi Ed,

I was wondering if it's related to the CPU or Northbridge. I said the
description was unclear to me because it didn't mention where the
overheating was from, or if you had already found the problem. Some
videos of pre production units were shown running with just a square
of thermal interface material acting as an heatspreader and I found
that odd, even for alpha level units, that Quanta was shipping them
back to you that way.

Also, I'd like to ask something off topic(better to post another
mail?) but I couldn't find any description on the wiki about the flash
controller. Are you still using one - and if so which - or are you
just using the microSD card's FTL?

Best regards,
Tiago Marques