New F11 for XO-1.5 build 47

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at
Sun Nov 29 13:21:54 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at> wrote:
> Hi,
>   >> You can also disable it using My Settings -> Power -> Automatic
>   >> power management.
> (Cool, I didn't think that would work yet!  But it does.)

I also confirm that it disables well that way.

/proc/cpuinfo isn't showing any change in processor clock to 400MHz,
or anywhere below 1GHz. How can I confirm that it is underclocking?

>   > The power-management kicks in as expected however to wake the XO up again
>   > you actually have to press the power-button, hitting a key or moving the
>   > cursor doesn't wake it up (as it does on the XO-1).
> That's odd, that works here.  It's pretty hacky, though, while we're
> trying to get finer-grained control of wakeup sources working.  To
> fix, you can "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup", and if "EC" reads "disabled",
> "echo EC > /proc/acpi/wakeup".
>   > Also power-management doesn't seem to be activated when closing
>   > the lid (at least the power-LED doesn't indicate that it is).
> If you watch carefully, you'll see the power LED blink for a tiny
> amount of time when you close the lid -- that's us going to sleep
> and then being woken straight back up again.  I've filed a bug on
> that:

I had this problem with the XO-1 when not using the XO OS, perhaps the
fix is similar and already exists?

Best regards,