New F11 for XO-1.5 build 48

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:53:17 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:

> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_1.5
> http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/f11-1.5/os48
>
> Compressed image size: 411.28mb (+0.85mb since build 47)
>
> Description of changes in this build:
>  * fix Implode "keep error" on quit (#9736)
>  * OHM wakes up on keypresses/touchpad more robustly (#9771)
>  * add Arabic fonts
>
> Package changes since build 47:
>
> +kacst-fonts-2.0-2.fc11.noarch
> -ohm-0.1.1-9.24.20091129git.fc11.i586
> +ohm-0.1.1-9.25.20091130git.fc11.i586

As mentioned on the other thread waking up on keyboard and touchpad input
now seems to work just fine.

However now pressing the power button only seems to turn off the screen
without actually going into suspend because after about 5 seconds the screen
comes on again and the power LED stays on all the time.

Another observation is that the dimming of the screen kicks in after about
20sec of inactivity but it takes another 5sec before suspend really happens.
I for one find these timings slightly confusing and don't really see any
advantages of having two seperate intervals for those two operations. (But
maybe I'm missing something here...)

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer