New F11 for XO-1.5 build 47

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Nov 30 11:07:54 EST 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Tiago Marques wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   >> You can also disable it using My Settings -> Power -> Automatic
>>   >> power management.
>>
>> (Cool, I didn't think that would work yet!  But it does.)
>
> I also confirm that it disables well that way.
>
> /proc/cpuinfo isn't showing any change in processor clock to 400MHz,
> or anywhere below 1GHz. How can I confirm that it is underclocking?

Try running powertop (yum install powertop), to see what amount of time
the processor is spending in each C-state.  The frequency scaling should
be automatic as well.   The C-7M is a strange beast, in that it
already runs
at minimum voltage (0.798V) constantly, and it scales the frequency
continuously (since there are no corresponding voltage changes) as well.

These are applied constantly --- the automatic power management
turns on the more aggressive suspend resume using the display
controller.

Cheers,
wad