About 8.2.2

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:30:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> What's the 8.2.2 schedule? What is changing?

Very succintly:

 - It won't be signed by OLPC. You have to be on an unlocked XO, or be
a deployment signing your own builds.

 - Improvements in antitheft and tools related to deployment (activity
updater, etc).

 - Various bugfixes -- full list in link below.

 - It may contain some driver tweaks for the touchpads --

 - It will be released together with the exact "image-builder" script
and configuration, so you it is very easy to re-spin it. I am adding
several "tweaks" in the customisation script, but disabled. The idea
is that a deployment can grab image-builder, look at the example
customisation script, enable / comment out useful things, and make
their local image.

 - When? Depends on the touchpad driver -- it takes a new kernel so I
am not too crazy about it. Without kernel rebuild, it's cooked, we
need a round of testing to check that we're not regressing. With a new
kernel, it'd give it more time...

Trac query with the full story:
http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=component&milestone=8.2.2

hth,