Proxy auto-configuration

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Sat Nov 28 09:54:22 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:41:22PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> - The DHCP payload must contain a url to the PAC file - this is the
> WPAD protocol, and what Pia was playing with.
Sure, but for that the browser must send a DHCP request, which it
doesn't seem to do. Or does Fedora contain any support for that in the
DHCP client (for Debian, I don't see it)?

> I did find an old email that indicated that she was using Firefox, not
> Browse.xo.
OK, so it should work with Iceweasel. Either it got disabled (upstream?
Debian?) or there was some kind of configuration (dhclient? Firefox?) to
enable it...

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/