Transparent proxy

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Sat Nov 28 04:11:44 EST 2009

2009/11/27 Henry Vélez Molina <henry.laptop at>:
> We are working with the XS-0.6 version and for the moment all is working
> well.
> We want to disable the transparent proxy, for security,  and put it as an
> intermediary proxy in a different port.

Jerry's instructions are right. However, the XOs will need to be
config'd to use it. A while ago Pia Waugh figured out how to serve the
proxy config via DHCP and to make the XOs obey it (you'll have to
google for it as I don't have a link, when you find it... maybe add it
to the techiques page?)

In any case, what is the security issue you're concerned with?

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect