B3 with different RAM chips

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:30:22 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:31 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> Trac it.
>
> No, we have seen nothing that leads us to believe that we have
> memory corruption problems w. B2s.   Software errors are a much
> more likely cause.

Hi John,

Had some more time to debug and it's working fine with OS42's kernel.
The crashed build was running on a 15 day old OLPC Kernel built from
sources but doesn't seem related. As far as I can tell, the crashes
are due to SD card errors when running the OS from the SD card. I
found lots of filesystem errors even when running tests from OS42 when
chrooted to the SD card. I either have a bad SD card(didn't have
problems with it on the XO-1 though, but the cards didn't get tested
there more than two months) or I'm experiencing some corruption for
the external card reader. Seems likely?

Can you provide me with the software or scripts you use to do your
internal SD card testing? I would love to put this card and the other
more reliable SanDisk one I have to find out if it is a problem with
the 1.5 card reader or the SD cards.

Best regards,
Tiago