3D acceleration

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Nov 27 14:07:19 EST 2009

>> #6147: A graphics accelerator
>>
>> 3D graphics acceleration is something we provide in Gen 1.5,
>> and intend on providing in future generations as well.

I have difficulty with the intent behind closing #6147 as 'fixed'.

For me, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  F11-on-XO-1.5
(build 46) gives me 3+ fps in glxgears.  F11-on-XO-1 (build 9) gives
me 2- fps in glxgears.  Is that justification enough for saying that
"3D graphics acceleration is something we provide in Gen 1.5" ??

Let me suggest that #6147 not be considered closed until the day
when a noticeable improvement in graphics acceleration can be
demonstrated on the XO-1.5.

mikus