8.2.x, touchpads and papercuts

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Nov 26 08:45:23 EST 2009

i wrote:
 > martin wrote:
 >  >
 >  > = CL1 Alps users
 >  >   - better kmod?
 >  >   - pgf proposed an xset command to tweak responsiveness?
 >
 > both of the above points are covered here:
 >     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Touchpad_driver_changes
 > folks in the field in both rwanda and paraguay have done some
 > testings.  we would love to get more feedback from anyone having
 > CL1 (i.e., "original") touchpad issues regularly, to let us know
 > if this is enough better to be worth deploying.  i/we believe it
 > is, but it's been quite difficult to get good feedback.
 >
 > there's an rpm here:
 >
 > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Touchpad_driver_changes#Trial_Kernel_with_new_driver
 > (it's inside the tarball, along with a script that applies the
 > mouse accelleration change.)

i forgot to also mention that i believe anyone using an XO-1 with
a recent (last couple of months) 2.6.30 kernel, as provided with
an F11-or-SoaS-on-XO-1 release, is already running this driver.
i haven't heard negative feedback from that group of users -- but
i actually haven't gotten any feedback at all.  so maybe the new
driver isn't an improvement at all.  or you're all using external
mice.  :-)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org