8.2.x, touchpads and papercuts

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Nov 25 18:03:28 EST 2009

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:

> = CL1A "New touchpad" users

I've not had the opportunity to do a lot of testing on a bank of CL1A machines but based on all the work I've been doing on 1.5 I suspect that CL1A users are going to run into the "no keyboard" (trac #9453).

The difference is that in Gen 1 we don't force the EC to reboot every shutdown so the frequency of this bug may be a lot lower.
Fixing will requires back porting my Gen 1.5 code into Gen 1.  The port is not hard but testing is.

For both CL1 and CL1A firmwares are you interested in the auto power up manufacturing tag?

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child