olpc-update server selection

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 25 11:21:21 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 17:09 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Ummm. Reading the current code in query(), both in master and in
> 8.2-fixes, it will try the local XS and the configured OATS server --
> in that order. If the request to the local XS errors out or returns an
> invalid response (non 200) it attempts the next one.

So what happens with the default XS if it is contacted over OATS?

The laptops are registered and so on, and leases may or may not be
available through xs-activation-server, but no key material has been
loaded on the XS and it cannot generate leases.

As far as I can see it will return a valid response with basically no
information, which will cause the current olpc-update code to not check
the other URL.

Daniel