olpc-configure and upgrades: What to do about ~/isolation? Skipping 802?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 05:29:22 EST 2009

Looking at /etc/init.d/olpc-configure -- which handles fixups after
upgrades -- questions come to mind:

 - We are not using Rainbow on our F11 images. If we rm -fr
~/isolation some state will be lost -- for example browser cookies &
cache. What other persistent data gets saved there & how important is
it? Is it feasible to migrate it with a script?

 - There is some very unhappy code to handle upgrades from early
releases to 802. I'd love to rip it out, but we may want to support
deployments that skip 802. We sure have some deployments that are
likely skip 802 in some hard-to-reach locations.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions