image-builder updates...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Nov 19 12:36:43 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at> wrote:
>> /var/log is not accessible on a booted XO (a tmpfs is mounted on top)

Fixed - we now put them in /usr/share/doc/olpc_build-<buildname>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at> wrote:
>> These 2 modifications will break pristine updates because you do them
>> after regenerating the contents file.

Contents regen is now at the right spot.

>> Also, updates will be made a bit bigger than usual with this script as
>> the OLPC_EPOCH considerations from pilgrim/fedora-xo are not being
>> applied.

I *think* you are talking about making the resulting image correct re
out versioned filesystem strategy -- to make them usable for
olpc-update, etc.

Either way, it is an important consideration, so we now fix the layout.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect