image-builder updates...

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Nov 19 08:28:09 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 14:14 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> - build.py now passes the full path of the internal root to the
> customization script, so you no longer need to hardcode /pristine/802
> everywhere.
>
> - build.py: now adds a custom identifier (pass --buildid) to
> olpc_build, and stores logs of the customisation and a copy of the
> customisation script in /var/log/olpc_build

These 2 modifications will break pristine updates because you do them
after regenerating the contents file.

Also, updates will be made a bit bigger than usual with this script as
the OLPC_EPOCH considerations from pilgrim/fedora-xo are not being
applied. And there are probably some other considerations that need to
be applied that are not immediately springing to mind.

I think we need to add some warning notices about the use of this
functionality. At least personally I'm uncomfortable about using any of
it (beyond the activities/content customization) in any future scenario
because of things like this.

Daniel