OS and Firmware testing for XO 1.5 B2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 18 16:15:38 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 08:09:21PM +0000, Tiago Marques wrote:
> You're welcome! I just didn't started posting tickets because I
> thought it would be worse duplicating existing ones(too many tickets
> and not much experience with the system) and if some where even worth
> submitting.

Speaking as the guy responsible for triage of new tickets, don't
hesitate to create a ticket because you fear duplicates.

Please follow this priority order according to your available time;

0.  post to devel at lists.laptop.org only, ... we'll review what you said
and figure out if anything looks truly interesting, and perhaps enter
into discussion, though we might not say anything about things we
already know about,

1.  raise a ticket without any research ... we'll check for duplicates
and close it if it is duplicate, then we'll either reproduce it and
begin work on it, enter into discussion with you, or eventually close it
as unreproducible.

2.  research existing tickets (using the Search option), then either
contribute to them or do #1 above.

3.  research known problems listed on the Wiki for the release, (aka
release notes) then #2, #1, or #0.

4.  fix the problem and send us a patch.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/