Information on XO-1 power efficiency

John Watlington wad at
Wed Nov 18 00:40:43 EST 2009

On Nov 11, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Hal Murray wrote:

> Has anything interesting changed in this area for XO-1.5?

XO-1.5 no longer uses any USB devices internally.   We used
SDIO instead.   This not only provides lower power operation
to start with, it also should allow us to suspend/resume much faster.

The peak bus throughput is much lower than USB 2.0's potential,
but still reasonable for 802.11b/g.   When we move to 802.11n
(probably in a year), the SDIO interface will be more of an issue.