GSM/CDMA Modems support

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Nov 17 08:39:52 EST 2009

martin wrote:
 > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Martin Abente
 > <mabente at paraguayeduca.org> wrote:
 > > Is there any chance to include CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_OPTION module in the
 > > kernel for the F11-XO{1,1.5} builds? In our region, GSM/CDMA connections
 > > are very popular so it would be nice to have support for them (for multiple
 > > purposes: end-user usage, support team, etc.).
 >
 > Also very important for the XS-on-XO kernel.
 >
 > For how to get these thins to happen, see Paul Fox's reply to a
 > similar request about USB webcams yesterday...

but even given yesterday's mail, if there's a strong need for a
particular module that's especially important for deployments, we
can/will certainly add it to our builds.  the "bag of modules"
rpm is really a proposal for taking care of individual,
non-mainstream needs.   (it might also be that on XO-1.5 we have
the luxury of shipping a lot more modules.  haven't really looked
into that much.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org