XO-1.5 B3

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sat Nov 14 21:22:03 EST 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Tiago Marques wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org>
> wrote:

>> There are several changes from B2:
>> - use of QMI WLAN module (instead of AzureWave).   The WLAN card
>
> The WLAN card in B2 seems to have a better signal than on in the XO-1,
> do you expect any changes with this new card?

No.  I don't expect any changes with the new card.  It is the same
chipset, and the layout is better.  We are also eliminating a connector
in the antenna path (won't happen till C1.)

>> - All have only 512 MB (four memory chips).   Due to DRAM prices
>> right now, we  will offer this to some customers and need to test
>> it more
>> extensively.
>
> That is unfortunate, the machine works really nice with 1GiB. Hope you
> can keep it for deployments.

It is hard to tell the difference w. 512 MB.  There is a maximum of 12%
slow down in tests that we've run.   Still, we consider the XO-1.5 to be
a 1GB machine and view this as a rare variance.

Cheers,
wad