wad at laptop.org
Sat Nov 14 10:18:16 EST 2009
We received 15 XO-1.5 B3 motherboards Friday, straight from the
Five of them have been packaged in CL1A cases for 1CC developers, and
5 are running tests on the sawzall testbed (outside the tech room).
There are several changes from B2:
- change in SDIO slot assignment to move the WLAN to one with working
- power to the internal SD card (slot 3) is now controlled by the EC
- DCONIRQ routed to an usable interrupt input
- A second interrupt from the EC to the host is provided, to work
around ACPI complexities.
- change in power distribution to handle theoretical overload of
- use of QMI WLAN module (instead of AzureWave). The WLAN card now
+1.8V from the motherboard, instead of linear regulators (from 3.3V).
This is a different pinout than the AzureWave as well. Modules
available 11/18 or so.
- All have only 512 MB (four memory chips). Due to DRAM prices
right now, we
will offer this to some customers and need to test it more
Eight of these are running SD tests right now, waiting to test
Two are in the hands of Paul and Chris. One will be come a new
week, and the remainder will be put in cases after we finalize the
Information is up at: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_1.5_B3
More information about the Devel