[Sugar-devel] Rationale behind the JSON -> CJSON switch in Sugar codebase?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 04:53:22 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> It would be worth a quick look at fixing cjson yourself.

I am cheeky but I am not a C hacker. Looking around yesterday, I have
not found a way to report bugs against cjson. The "project homepage"
is the page of the company where the author works, and could find no
mailing list, wiki, etc.

After a few tries, I did find that the same problem was reported in
Debian, a patch proposed, and upstream rejected it:

As Tomeu mentions, Python 2.6 reduces the cjson/json performance advantage.

I won't skip meaningful useful effort but there's more useful things
for me to be doing.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions