Can I make mt own vmlinuz?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Nov 13 00:25:01 EST 2009

Hi,

   > I get the source rpm and install it.  Find the file
   > olpc-2.6.tar.bz2 inside and decompressing it.

It's better to run "rpmbuild" to make the RPM.  See:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rebuilding_OLPC_kernel

   > Finally, type #make vmlinux to produce vmlinux file.
   >
   > But this file is almost 70mb it is too big to load as a vmlinuz
   > file.
   >
   > Did I miss some command or It need to compiler with other gcc?
   > not x86 structure.

"make bzImage" makes the compressed version of vmlinux that you see in
/boot.  But you also need modules, and an initrd, which is why it
makes more sense to let the RPM do it for you.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child