[Sugar-devel] XO problems with 32 characters SSID

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:01:44 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Gabriela Corrales
<gcorrales at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> When we configure an AP with a 32 characters SSID, the XO can connect, and I
> can do ping to internet, but when we open the browser it cannot finish
> HW cause nothing works.

Wow! Interesting. Can you collect logs (using olpc-netlog on the next
boot after the freeze) and file it as a bug on dev.laptop.org? I will
try to investigate it.

I am CC'ing devel at lists.laptop.org as there is a good chance that the
problem is with the XO OS and not squarely with Sugar.

> We did this same test with a 1.5 XO and no problems were seen.

Can you test an XO-1 with a recent "F11-for-XO-1" image? That will
help isolate the problem. The images are available from
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions