dbus session in VT / ssh sessions

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 11 10:39:09 EST 2009

On 11.11.2009, at 12:45, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> On build 802, we had some tricks to make dbus connections work
> "transparently" to the dbus session of the 'olpc' user.

I don't think it ever was "transparent", each script had to connect to the session explicitly.

> Does anybody remember what those tricks are? What package or build
> script applies them, so we can hunt them down and consider inclusion
> in the F11 builds?

One of my scripts used this:

  os.environ["DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"] = "unix:path=/tmp/olpc-session-bus"
  import dbus
  import dbus.mainloop
  dbus.set_default_main_loop(dbus.mainloop.NULL_MAIN_LOOP)

http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/joyride-activities.py

- Bert -