OFW Q3A15

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Nov 3 10:07:35 EST 2009

If you think you might be having troubles with overheating
on your XO-1.5, the heat spreader is suspect.  After removal
(to change the SD, check out the motherboard, etc)
and sometimes even before then, the heat spreader doesn't
make good contact with the VX855 and the CPU.

I suggest bending the feet of the heat spreader slightly,
as shown in the attached diagram, to apply more force on
the processor/cpu.   This is being worked on in C build
prototypes.

Cheers,
wad