OOM conditions

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:13:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> The OOM topic and what to do in that case has come up several times in the past.  If Maemo thinks they have a reasonable solution to the problems then someone should look at trying to add that to our kernel and user space

Last time I used a Nokia tablet, it had a "single-app-at-a-time" UI,
much like the iPhone. Or Sugar.

I do think that the shell can restrict the number of open apps, and
even actively close bg apps if their document state is saved. Between
such shell improvements and the OOM scores Tomeu proposes, the user
experience can be much better.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions