debxo ohmd testers wanted

Holger Levsen holger at
Mon May 25 12:32:17 EDT 2009

Hi James,

is this still curent? I suffered some personal fubar, thus my late reply :(

Do you have a source package ready to look at? Is ohmd still the daemon to

On Montag, 9. März 2009, quozl at wrote:
> > control:
> > 	Standards-Version should be upgraded to 3.8.0 (after checking)
> I don't know how to check.

see /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz

> > 	long description is too short (you wrote more in the mail I'm replying
> > to :)
> Fixed.  See patch attached.
> > 	misses homepage: and vcs-pseudoheaders
> Fixed homepage, don't understand vcs-pseudoheaders.

Thanks. Vcs-pseudoheaders are something like this:

Vcs-Git: git://

Instead of Git you can use any other vcs...

> > copyright:
> > 	misses copyright owner
> > 	misses download location
> > 	misses short GPL blurbs
> > 		(see
> >
> > mentions GPL but links to GPL-2
> Fixed.

> > README.Debian
> > 	unneeded with current content (see above)
> Replaced with different content.

> > changelog:
> > 	version number should rather be something like 0.1.1.git20090304-1
> Left as is, until you join in.

I'm still willing to help, and I should also be able to fullfil this promise

> > 	we should file an ITP bug, so we can close it here ;) (rather to tell
> > 		others about out intentions to put this software into Debian)
> Don't know how to do that.

Will do, if its still needed. (See the questions at the top of this mail :)

> > postrm+postinst:
> > 	unconditionally ending with "exit 0" looks wrong
> Okay.  107 of 1051 packages on my system
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postinst ended with "exit 0".  Should the package
> fail to install if update-rc.d fails?

Yes, i think so.

> > 	are those files needed at all? I mean, shouldnt debhelper/cdbs create
> > them, if they contain autogenerated code only?
> Don't know.

I guess they can go then.

> > rules:
> > is unused, and if, I'd prefer
> Don't know.

Just remove that line.

> > Do you have a vcs where you maintain this?
> Created just now.
> git clone

Ah, cool.

regards & sorry again,