Sharing to Groups

Max petersonmaxx at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 15:51:48 EDT 2009

Hello Martin

your feature of making chat groups in Moodle already has bee requested with
http://retroshare.sf.net to Martin

see request mail

What about using retroshare or http://retromessenger.sf.net (Wx gui)
The new 0.5 version of retroshare in a few days will use open PGP keys as
friend adress.

Regards Max
 <martin at moodle.com>

> Add social networking and (serverless) Instant Messenger to Moodle (
http://retroshare.sf.net)

>                 Key: MDL-12017
>             Project: Moodle
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>      Security Level: Possible security issue(If you're not sure whether
this is a security problem or not)
>          Components: Messages
>    Affects Versions: 1.9
>         Environment: c++ / QT is used for Retroshare Instant Messaging and
Social networking
>            Reporter: Michael
>            Assignee: Martin Dougiamas
>
> Hi
> at our university we use moodle, it is the best system, as i have a second
study now and it makes things much better, in the first study learning was
10 years ago, but today the education system with moodle is quite better.
Hope more and more universities switch to moodle.
> I have the following request:
> Please add and integrate the servereless instant messenger retroshare to
moodle, installer and functionality.
> http://retroshare.sf.net
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroshare
> http://retroshare.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/retroshare/
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=178712
> There is much hype about social networking, and which networks need to
last for all time after schoon/university than learning classes? Alumni and
searching ald schoolmates is needed.
> Microsoft has Fecebook and Google has myspace.
> I think each school/university and moodle in total needs as well by
default a social networkig tool.
> This is the serverless Instant Messenger Retroshare.,
> Retroshare is serverless and uses a Distributed Hash Table (DHT) to
re-locate the IP in the next online session automatically, so no stable IP´s
or servers are needed.
> As well the Personal Chat Adress is the PGP Key.
> This means, a student once generated a PGP key, will ever be able to chat
to classmates, even if he is 50 years old.
> Never get any classmate lost with Retroshare!!
> The System is a Web of Trust, which means it has a lot of features:
> - synchonizing calendars with the friends
> - playing games
> . exchange documents with friends over secure encrypted communication
> - social networking
> This would be a perfect addition to the moodle installation for the
users.,
> Can you distribute the actual retroshare installer with moodle, so that
with any account registration the users gets as well a link to retroshare
Instant messenger, as the tool for social networking with classmates?
> Many further integration ideas could be imagined, e.g. that in course
boards the PGP key of participants or the teacher is given.  The private
talk and learing is as well possible.
> If you do not can integrate ti, what is the environment for other
developers to integrate it?
> Can you then please provide a installer delivery and a link for the users,
how to download the serverless Messenger?
> Thanks for testing retroshare social networking and looking for an option,
to bring it to the usersbase,
> it is a good, open source alternative to facebook and mayspace,
> Thanks for helping to get some synergies.