Browse.xo performance & resolution - Hulahop 200dpi vs Browse 134dpi

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:44:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> - I am intrigued, hulahop sources say it's hardcoded to 200dpi (and
> that jives with our screen) - why does it end up being 134? Should it
> be 200dpi? Would that hit the fast paths properly? (Mihai: does 200dpi
> make it better?)

At least that part of the mystery is solved -- hulahop checks whether
dpi == 200dpi, and in that case... sets the dpi to 134. See
_get_layout_dpi here:
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/hulahop/diff/python/__init__.py?id=32a18dfc6da97801673dd0bf7424350489694ca0

Marco, do you remember where the magic 134 came from?

Still chasing up why canvas rendering goes through the floor @ 134...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions