olpcrd-rootskel - patches for sig02 usage, review, merge?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:35:12 EDT 2009

Hi Scott, list,

not sure who's acting maintainer of olpcrd-rootskel. I've just pushed
out 2 patches that need review & merge.

The patches teach the initrd to recheck the lease file when invoked
with 'activate' by OFW. So in cases where we deployments use sig02
formatted leases ahead of OFW support, OFW fails to validate the
lease, but olpcrd validates it before getting into the activation
routine.

Booting this way adds a couple of seconds to the user -- mainly due to
an extra mount/unmount. (Which could be avoided with a refactor --
which is a riskier maneouvre, not a warranted at this time).

  Repository:
  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/olpcrd-rootskel.git/

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com