Battery recovery issues

Emiliano Pastorino epastorino at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Mon May 4 11:13:12 EDT 2009

Richard,

I've attached batdbug.log and seebstate.log.
watch-battery says "No battery".
Battery led is always off.
Sn is: 00602080608110000873
bat-charge reports this:
320.83 mAh (7d53) 1428.12 mA (2ddc) 6.492 V (195c) Chg: 0.41mAh (  29)
then every column raises line to line (I copied that by hand because
bat-charge-log always says "Can't open file", even when usb stick is
plugged in)

If the first column is battery's charge, then it's almost dry.
Should I try bat-recover or charge it the usual way?

After all these tests, I'll have to write a step-by-step guide for the
people at our technical center so they can tell when a battery can
be recovered and when not, so I must try to cover as many situations
as possible.

I'll try bat-recover with a bunch of batteries today, so maybe tomorrow
or on Wednesday I'll be sending you some logs, if it is ok to you.

--
Ing. Emiliano Pastorino
LATU - Plan Ceibal