CL1B power distribution

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri May 1 14:16:39 EDT 2009

John Watlington wrote:
>> the LED trick has the advantage of not requiring a change to the case,
>> just a single additional drive pin to be able to run it as a detector.
>
> And where would you place said detector LED, without modifying the
> case ?

While we're bikeshedding this to death, I'll put in my vote for reusing
the camera activity LED.  It's well isolated from other light sources, and
it's rarely on. Whenever the camera is off, it can be used a
photodetector.  To retain the security guarantee that the light is on when
the camera is on, it might be necessary to put a diode across the camera's
power supply, so that they can be reverse-biased together.

If only we could get another hole in the case.

--Ben