improving XO connectivity rates

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at
Wed Mar 18 18:50:52 EDT 2009

Follow-up to my previous response:

> 2009/3/17 Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at>:
>> I'm not sure which build version that workaround is supposed to apply to.
>> Anyway, I tried it with candidate-801 on my XO.
>> I don't have wireless at home. =A0Went to an establishment which had a
>> wireless AP (key-free) on channel 6. =A0Despite many times clicking on the
>> AP's icon in Neighborhood View, my XO never showed me a connection to that
>> AP.
> Before or after correcting the permissions on the new binary?

Today I went to a different establishment.  Made sure the Linux
permissions on the binary file were 0777.  The result was the same
as yesterday - my XO did not succeed in connecting when I clicked on
the AP's icon in Neighborhood.   [When I replaced the binary with
the original batch script, my XO connected promptly.]

I'm not sure what you meant by "permissions on the binary" -- but in
my case it made no difference in the result, whether the Linux
permissions on the binary were 0777 or not -- I was not able to
connect when using the binary on my system with candidate-801.