improving XO connectivity rates

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Mar 17 18:17:52 EDT 2009

> ... the workaround definitely seems to be working fine. If
> you'd like to try it, you simply have to replace the shell script at
> /etc/NetworkManager/callouts/nm-dhcp-client.action with this binary:
> http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/8104/nm-dhcp-action (named as
> nm-dhcp-client.action).

I'm not sure which build version that workaround is supposed to
apply to.  Anyway, I tried it with candidate-801 on my XO.

I don't have wireless at home.  Went to an establishment which had a
wireless AP (key-free) on channel 6.  Despite many times clicking on
the AP's icon in Neighborhood View, my XO never showed me a
connection to that AP.  Replaced the binary with the original
script.  Now my XO connected to that AP promptly.

mikus