Active Antennas...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Mon Mar 16 00:01:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at> wrote:
> What's the status on the moratorium on active antennas? Can we request
> these for small deployments (<40) ?

it's ok to request them for development & testing, but for deployments... hmmm

Depending on kernel & firmware versions, they are reliable or
unreliable. It's hit and miss. And RF usage is still high I think, so
I'm not sure we can cope with 40 users in a stable, usable shape.

For anything resembling field usage, get a cheap AP instead and live longer.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect