suspend/resume possible w SD boot?

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 15:01:19 EDT 2009

I've been able to make my G1G1 XOs more usable
by installing the OS and booting from an SD card
rather than the internal NAND.  Adding some swap
helps alot too.

However, it doesn't appear that the suspend
and resume on lid close, etc. work in this
case (presumably because the USB subsystem
must remain powered to run the SD interface).

Is there any possibility of enabling support for
power management *even if* the system OS is
booting from an SD card?  Maybe a minimal kernel
and software could be resident on the NAND, just
enough to put things back on resume?

--Chris