Removing perl from the build

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:08:34 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

I've gone through what's been pulling in the perl dependency and
narrowed down the packages that are dependant on it to the following
list. There's a number of easy fix ones and two that I need to dig
further on. The first four should be a matter of just blocking them
out of the kickstart file.

w3m
logwatch
lftp
fbset

This one is because cronie wants a mailer. Daniel and I fixed this one
on joyride by explicitly adding ssmtp (a 50K mailer)
exim

These two will be a little more interesting. I'm going to file some
bugs against them. The second one I can't see why it needs perl. The
first one we'll see.
deltarpm
libgnomeprint22

Cheers,