[Sugar-devel] testers needed: grab keys and touchpad rotation

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Mar 4 23:49:02 EST 2009

wade wrote:
 > Cool!  I'm looking forward to trying this when I get back to my XO....
 > I wonder though, is there a reason this has to be a separate daemon, and
 > can't just being part of the HPGK driver with a /sys/... interface for
 > control?

it's a daemon very largely because much of the code already
existed in daemon form, from another project of mine.  it also
makes it much more flexible -- adding the rotation support was
trivial, for instance.  and i was able to include primitive (don't
disconnect it!) support for USB keyboards (since my XO has a
hardwired mini-usb keyboard in place of the standard one).  but
your point is a good one.  i just don't know how easy it would be
to to combine state from two drivers -- the mouse and keyboard
data travel pretty different paths, AFAICT.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org