Lockup of 800 and 801

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Mar 3 15:50:20 EST 2009

> Both 800 and 801 lockup completely fairly regularly. Once locked up the
> keys don't work . All I can do is hit the start button to turn the
> machine off and then turn it back on.
>
> Am I the only one having this problem?

I'm not having a lockup, but I am seeing unwanted behavior.

I have an XO with 801 running 24/7, which has a hard disk and a
mouse plugged in to an external USB hub.  Normally, the only
Activity I've launched on it is Terminal.  Multiple times, when I've
walked up to the XO (after it has been unused for hours) and tried
to use its mouse - nothing happens - the system no longer appears to
see that device.  [The XO's built-in touchpad, etc., work fine - so
does the (plugged directly into the XO) external USB keyboard.]

I do not know if it is the XO software that is having difficulty, or
if there is something wrong with that particular USB hub.  To get
back use of the external mouse, I have to re-boot my XO.

mikus