8.2.1 WPA testing

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:53:07 EST 2009

>> Agreed.  However, I believe you can claim reliable WPA2 support, as
>> the WPA2 handshake doesn't have this timing vulnerability.
>> Have not tested extensively, but my experience was that WPA2 was very reliable.
>
> Yes, my experience is also that WPA2 is more reliable. However, don't
> forget that 8.2.1 introduces another regression which I can reproduce
> every time where the WPA2 (and WPA) connection is not automatically
> reestablished on reboot - association and WPA2 handshake succeeds, but
> the system receives no response during DHCP. (have not tested if the
> problem is in TX or RX path)

On my XO that's currently running 8.2.0 on the nand I can reliably
connect to my home AP which is explicitly configured for WAP (due to
issues with dodgy wifi drivers on my eeepc not working with it when
WPA2 is enabled) but can't connect to the Cisco AP in the office
(which my eeepc can so I assume its only WAP not WAP2) which is
interesting. I haven't tried a 8.2.1 build yet but if someone wants me
to do some testing just let me know what build number you want tested.

Peter