rotate button sucks on the XO

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 2 04:52:00 EST 2009

Jordan, thanks for the info.
I only started to use the XV overlay because I had this little hope that
somehow I could get a pointer to a hardware buffer to avoid blitting the
data but as I see it now the LX driver simply copies the overlay data to
the hardware buffer so I could just use simple X surfaces as well
speedwise. Is it true?
Could you please answer those question from my earlier message? (copied
here):

"A little question to Jordan Crouse or anybody else who can answer.
Here Jodran told me that the Geode can do XV flipping:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2007-May/005208.html
It can be that he either did not reflect to that one part of my message
or I am just too stupid to make it work. So what I do not see in the XV
documentation is how to allocate two xvideo frames and flip between
them? What this code currently does is allocating one frame and doing
XvShmPutImage. Because its speed depends on the size of the xvideo frame
I think it does blittting (copying) and not flipping (switching).
So how to do flipping?
ps:
Actually I would need 3 frames for triple buffering but I would be happy
even with 2 frames. "