Current Stable OS Install

Holt holt at
Wed Jun 17 17:05:54 EDT 2009

Hi Jacob,

Check out Chapter 2.11 in our Support FAQ which is all about upgrading &
clean installing to more recent and better software:

In short, these days we generally recommend Release 8.2.1 (Build 802)
from Spring 2009:

Certain people prefer Release 8.2.0 (Build 767) from Autumn 2008 which
sometimes offers more reliable wireless:

Finally if you can help kids worldwide testing the very latest, please
backup all your files then definitely try:

OLPC Support, Volunteer-Driven (