Journal and filenames on USB disks - more leases.sig problems

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:16:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Martin
Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rename and copy

>From the department of useful tricks...

If you want to preserve your users' ability to name a file you serve
via HTTP, eschew proper mimetypes and say with me:

With that mimetype, the "rename and copy" strategy works.

> Is there a better way to do this?

At first blush it doesn't qualify as 'better', but this particular
file is not meant to be read or edited by the end user (as it's
Canonical JSON). So serving it text/plain was a liability, as the
Journal would happily open it under Write.xo . So yes, we are better
off with it.

Maybe application/json-don't-edit-me would be more appropriate.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions