2PM Boston Time TODAY/Friday: Brief Contributors Program Mtg (#olpc-meeting)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Jun 19 12:59:58 EDT 2009

Please join us reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community projects in 1
HOUR, over IRC Live Chat at 2PM EDT Boston Time, right here:

Then type at bottom:
/join #olpc-meeting

* New Libraries Coming!

* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!

* Fast Review of the 2 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals -- please
  join us advocating for and/or reviewing shortcomings of these proposals:

1. Booming Bang Game - Jaipur, INDIA

   Requests 2 XO's for 12-18 months

   Project Objectives:
   - The Booming Bang is a Funny game developed for Children of age
     group 6-18. It is a fun based game and as needs logical thinking
     time to time, I think it'll help children develop their skills.
   - This project will include logical thinking and creativity, to
     allow children be more creative and think reasonable.
   - Under this project, Full Warranty of Project material will be
     taken by our team, We will replace any defected edition and check
     for future errors.
   - Overall, Our team likes to contribute something to OLPC team and
     we will be happy if we will be able make more children happy.

2. Enfants pour l'Éducation (Kids for Education) - Montreal, CANADA

   Requests 10 XO's for 12 months

   Project Objectives:
   Nokia Software Engineer & UNICEF Quebec Manager would work together
   to give the opportunity to a group of children from one of Montreal's
   underprivileged neighbourhood to participate in building a brighter
   future by:
   - learning about the state of children education worldwide
   - experimenting with technologies developed to increase education
     accessibility in poor countries (e.g. XO laptops)
   - envisioning possible solutions to the problem of universal access
     to primary education
   - sharing their thoughts and findings using the new social media
     (blog, social networks)