Bootloader question

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Thu Jun 4 04:36:30 EDT 2009

Martin Langhoff wrote:

>> Easily?  Yeah, right.
>>

> Well, he can show us how it's done. I'll definitely be impressed :-)

My point is that, while each individual step is rather straightforward,
requiring no new technology, putting together all the pieces to
accomplish the goal requires a lot of work and testing.  It's a
build/packaging/release engineering job that touches many aspects of the
system - basically a mini-distro.  In my experience, creating a coherent
release containing changes to lots of disparate system components is
anything but easy.