XO frequently hangs on shutdown w/ 0.82

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Jun 3 08:30:19 EDT 2009

bryan wrote:
 > I am curious if a number of other deployments have encountered this
 > problem or just us.
 >
 > We find that the XO occasionally hangs on shutdown. We are using 0.82
 >
 > I have created a ticket for this
 >
 > http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9319
 >
 > I realize that OLPC has roughly zero resources to fix problems like
 > this. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how
 > difficult a problem this is. If it is relatively easy, we could try to
 > fix it ourselves.

bryan -- that report is a little short on details.  :-)

if it's the hang i'm guessing it is, it stops showing a text console
screen, and will resume if you use alt-rightarrow to bring the
UL warning screen into view.  could you verify that?

i believe there's a bug already for that one.  i'll try and find it.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org